Today, Indeed is the largest general search engine for jobs on the web. In most markets, Indeed now offers both free and sponsored job posting options. Below is a guide for posting your job listing in Indeed.
1. Go to ineed.com/hire and click Post a Job.
2. Complete the Company Name and Job Title fields
3. Complete the Job Description field; paste the Job Description for your job opening that you created in Rise Hire.
*Tip: you can use the “Copy Text” button from the top right corner of your listing in your Rise Hire dashboard to automatically copy all the text for your Job Description.
Note: this step is critically important - use the “Copy Job Link” button from your Rise Hire dashboard to copy the application link to your job listing. Then paste this link in the body of your Craigslist Ad and direct interested candidates to “Click here to Apply”.
4. At the top and bottom of the Job Description field, paste this sentence: “DO NOT CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST APPLY VIA THE APPLICATION LINK FOUND IN THIS AD”
5. Complete the location details for the job listing, and click Confirm and/or Continue.
6. You will be given an option to require candidates to answer questions about the job requirements. You can skip this step and click Continue.
7. View the Preview for your job, and make sure that the link to your Rise Hire job listing is inserted in the body of the ad. Click Confirm.
8. You will then be asked to insert a contact name and phone number for your company.
9. Sponsoring your Job on Indeed is optional, and you may choose to set a budget for your ad. Indeed will provide some suggestions based on the volume of applications you would like.
*Note: Indeed requires posting fees that are not covered by Rise Hire. These fees are separate from Rise Hire and are paid directly to Indeed.
10. In some markets, you may choose not to sponsor your job, and to “Post job without sponsoring”. If you select this option, you’ll be asked to provide a company description and logo. This option requires no additional fee.
11. Make sure you have verified your email address to make your job listing visible on Indeed.